Saturday, August 16, 2014

What God Inspires

"God would not inspire a wish that could not be realized."
30 Day with a Great Spiritual Master:
Simply Surrender based on the Little Way of Therese of Lisieux

It is Simple Living Saturday:  The tasks are basic.  Clean. Launder. Shop for food.

All comes at the end of dark week that has knocked me off center.  Robin Williams, whom I quoted about living with mental illness and even suicide, has taken his own life.  I imagine he is surprised to see the level of grief.  Both of my children had very tough weeks without this ... my son's best friend moved away and my daughter had serious job trauma.  At one point I had my son on my cell phone in my right ear and my daughter on the land line in my left eye.

How does one deal with this mindfully?  Good question. Rest. Pray. Listen to God through Scripture and Scripture-based inspiration. And walk left foot, right foot, like my pastor, Rich Nathan, says.  God has inspired a wish that I live in Christian mindfulness.  He will show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment