Saturday, August 9, 2014

Simple Living Saturday: Feeling God's Peace

Since I - the Prince of Peace - am both with and without you, you can choose to live from this peaceful place of union with me. This enables you to stay calm in the midst of stressful situations, by re-centering yourself in Me.  We can deal with your problems together - you and I - so there's no need to panic. However, the more difficult your circumstances, the more tempting it is for you to shift into high gear and forget My peaceful Presence.

Sarah Young
"Jesus Today"


Today is Simple Living Saturday, when we ask for more of the spiritual gift of self-control.  (I guess I should put down the Jelly Bellies.)  We seek to be an instrument of God's joy, blessing our homes with order and having fun with our families in simplicity.  When our minds wander today, we will recenter them on God's presence.

I once had a little ornament that said, "The Lord never panics." I inwardly panic all the time, and I have the medicine bottle to prove it.  Today I am going to pick a sound that normally means trouble ... my cell phone ringing ... use it to refocus briefly on the Lord's presence before answering the phone. I ask for the grace of self-control to remember to do this.














No comments:

Post a Comment