Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Simple Living Calendar

 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
- Jeremiah 29:11


I am a lot like this dog. Not so sure that the plans are something I'd like.  But I am determined to have a mindful year.

So far this New Year's Day, I've had mindful filling-out-of-the-calendar, mindful cooking, a mindful conversation with my beloved daughter and mindful eating of Salt & Pepper potato chips.  YUM.

I also discovered a link to a perpetual calendar that I bought a decade or so ago:  The Simpler Living Alternatives Calendar for Any Year.   You might like it as well.

Alternatives, a Christian organization that supported a mindful simplicity lifestyle, has ceased to exist. Which is sad, because we need it more than ever. The good news: A podcast using the Alternative simplicity materials is now available through iTunes: Simple Living Works! podcast.

We hear so many voices from the materialism side of life and from non-compassionate "Christians" that we need a diet of thoughts from those who listen a little more deeply to the Lord. The podcast and the calendar can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment