Saturday, January 11, 2014

Just Say Thanks

Ever prayed for the same thing over and over again?  Since the '80s?

I have.  Sometimes you feel that you are supposed to.  You are praying persistently like the nagging widow that Jesus said.  But it can become a faith issue over the decades.

Today's "Jesus Calling" app meditation by the wonderful Sarah Young gave me some new perspective.   Yes, we are supposed to speak our hearts clearly to the Lord.  And then thank Him for handling it.   But:  "When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way.  If you keep on stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension. When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mindset becomes much more positive. Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My promises."

I love this.  It's much better than praying:  "Lord, in case I haven't mentioned this in the last hour, so-and-so still needs healing"   I am hoping that focusing on trust and gratitude will make me be less like my friend below:

No comments:

Post a Comment