Sunday, February 23, 2014

STOP ... a Mindfulness Tool





Kimberly Wilson, dear to my heart as the Hip Tranquil Chick, and her boyfriend took a cross-country road trip in their vintage camper this fall, holding Tranquility Popups everywhere from Richmond to Portland.  The saga was covered on her wonderful blog and podcast Tranquility du Jour.  I learned two things that are helpful to my journey.

1. Don't get a vintage camper, no matter how cute. 

We will rent something a bit more conventional for our cross-country adventure.



2.  Use the STOP tranquility technique.  I've altered it to fit my Christian approach to mindfulness.  When confronted with a problem or a tense moment, STOP:
  • Stop
  • Take three breaths.  Three counts in, four counts to hold and five counts to exhale.
  • Observe with love.
  • Pray, put on the mind of Christ and proceed under grace. 

I like it.  Thanks, Kimberly.

No comments:

Post a Comment