Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Year Begins ... Again

One of the principles of Christian mindfulness is to keep starting over and over and over.

So I have decided to start my year over again ... today, as it is a birthday. I actually have been practicing mindfulness regularly for several months now.  But I think I can begin to write about what it's like.

Today, for example, the best part of the day was the drive to work.  The trees were so beautiful ... orange and red in the same trees,  dark red in the Bradford pears.  It was the painting of God, who had the amazing idea to give all these leaves their color and cover it up with green in the summer. 

I also was encouraged to begin ... again ... the practice of listening with two ears to conversations ... listening to the person, listening to the Spirit to see how I can respond more lovingly.  It's a great practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment